Wyoming Bankruptcy Exemptions


1-20-101 & 1-20-104 - Real property up to $10,000; house trailer up to $6,000. Tenancies by the entirety are exempt without limit as to debts of one spouse [In re Anselmi, 52 B.R. 479 (D. Wyo. 1985)]. Spouse or child of deceased owner may claim.

Personal Property

1-20-105 - Clothing and wedding rings up to $1,000 total.

1-20-106 - Household articles, furniture, bedding and food up to $2,000 per person in the home; school books, pictures, and bible; motor vehicle up to $2,400; and burial plot.

1-20-111 - Medical savings account contributions.

26-32-102 - Pre-paid funeral contracts.


1-15-511 - The greater of the following: 30 times the federal minimum hourly wage or minimum of 75% of disposable weekly earnings.

7-18-114 - Inmates in adult community corrections programs' wages.

7-16-308 - Wages of inmates on work release.

19-9-401 - Earnings of national guard members.

25-13-107 - Inmates in correctional industries programs' wages.


11 U.S.C. § 522 - Tax exempt retirement accounts; Traditional and Roth IRAs up to $1,095,000 per person.

1-20-110 - Private or public retirement funds or accounts.

9-3-426 - Public employees.

9-3-620 - Highway officers, criminal investigators, and game and fish wardens.

15-5-209 - Death benefits of firefighters.

15-5-313 - Police officers.

Public Benefits

1-40-113 - Crime victims' compensation.

27-14-702 - Workers' compensation.

27-3-319 - Unemployment compensation.

42-2-113 - General assistance.

Tools of Trade

1-20-106 - Motor vehicle, tools, implements, team and stock in trade to $2,000; library and implements of a professional up to $2,000.


26-15-129 - Life insurance proceeds.

26-15-130 - Disability benefits if policy prohibits use to pay creditors.

26-15-131 - Group life or disability policy or proceeds.

26-15-132 - Annuity contract proceeds up to $350 per month.

26-15-133 - Life insurance proceeds if policy prohibits use to pay creditors.

26-29-218 - Fraternal benefit society benefits.


12-4-604 - Liquor licenses and malt beverage permits.

Other - Add any applicable Federal Nonbankruptcy Exemptions


This website contains information related to law and is NOT LEGAL advice. It contents is for information only. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney or act as your own.
All documents typed are prepared by Rica Gilmore.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.